Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, Part II

So, my first Mother's Day: it's fun being a mom on Mother's Day. I had a wonderful day. But I guess I feel about Mother's Day a little bit like I feel about Valentine's Day--if you need one day of the year to be sure to tell the person you love that indeed, you love them, then that's silly. You should tell them every day! The same with mom--your mom should know that you love and appreciate her all of the time, not one day out of the year. That aside, it is nice to have one day in particular for mom--and it was nice to officially be able to celebrate Mother's Day with Daniel and our two babies.

All of the Satterlees were in town for Kenny's graduation from American University (hooray for Kenny!), so after the babies and I went to church, we all went out for brunch (is it still brunch if it's in the middle of the afternoon?). It was the babies' first time at a nice restaurant, and we weren't sure how it would go--lucky for us, they were very well behaved!

The babies saying hi to everyone when we got to Charlie Palmer's.


My happy, blue-eyed girl (I was on Addison duty, Daniel was in charge of Jackson at the restaurant).

Jackson loved gnawing on the menu...

and on the table.

And by the end of lunch, took a much-needed nap on Grandpa Ken's shoulder.

Lately, Addison loves hanging upside down--and I love to tickle under her chin.

Before all was said and done, Addison needed a nap too.

Jackson enjoying some lunch...

and some kisses from Aunt Kelly.

Mom and her girl (note Addison holding onto my Mother's Day present, a beautiful necklace from Daniel and the babies).


PS Celebrating Mother's Day has made me hope that we were good enough to my mom on Mother's Day. I hope we got her thoughtful presents, and did things to made her life easier. I hope she felt appreciated--because she was. I love you Mom--I'm so lucky to be able to learn from the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment