Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Today would have looked different...

Today at 8 a.m., I was supposed to be admitted to Inova Alexandria Hospital. At 10 a.m., I was scheduled for a C-section to have our babies. What might Daniel and I have done this past weekend, our last weekend without kids? We probably would have taken Spud to the park, and maybe given him a bath (he needs one!). We would have done some final cleaning and preparing the house for the arrival of the babies. We probably would have had one last pre-babies date night--maybe out to dinner and a movie. I probably would have wanted to go to my favorite Thai restaurant--Daniel might have advocated for a steak from the Capitol Grille (babies, you'll see, he does that a lot). I would have asked for frozen custard after the movie, and even though it's totally out of our way, Daniel would have obliged (foolproof when pregnant). And we wanted to see The American with George Clooney (takes place in Italy--sigh).

Little did we know that these babies (and my body) had a plan of their own--since their early arrival, these past two and a half weeks have been wonderful. Exhausting, but really amazing. Life is so good--and I can't wait for all of the fun we're going to have together, little Addison and Jackson.

Here are some pictures from this morning--when you would have officially been 38 weeks gestation, and on your way into our lives if things had worked out a little bit differently.




No comments:

Post a Comment