Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Quick Trip

I had to travel to Minnesota for work, so I decided to stop in Salt Lake City on the way (totally on the way, right?). It was the first time I'd traveled in a long time--and the first time in the past year and a half that I've spent more than one night away from home. I was only gone for two days, but managed to miss three bedtimes--and while everyone was fine at home while I was gone, being gone that long was hard on momma (and a little bit hard on the babies, I think).

I was so lucky to get to spend a day with my sister and baby Audrey! Rachel is a wonderful momma, and Audrey is one sweet baby girl--it's amazing how fast they grow, and how quickly you forget just how little and sweet they are when they are new.

*please excuse how awful I look--I also got to go skiing with my dad for a half day that morning (which was fantastic!), so I was both exhausted and sporting some significant hat hair and windburn face.


What a little peanut, cuddling with her aunt.


Rachel looks amazing, and so happy with her big girl!

Quincy dog was doing some reading...

...and so was Audrey.

The faces she pulls are hysterical!

Thanks Rachel, Chris, and Audrey for letting me stay with you guys--I miss you already (but I was ready to get home to my babies). I can't wait to get the cousins together!

1 comment:

  1. Your kiddos are growing up! They are so darling! And I had no idea Rachel had a baby! That's great! Looks like you're well. I was just out at Bonnie's house til midnight a couple of days ago...just trying to soak in all the Bonnie I can before she heads off to Italy. Fun to relish the present and laugh about the past. Enjoy those cherry blossoms - just heard a whole spiel about them on NPR!

    ReplyDelete