Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A good Sunday

Today's Sunday School lesson really resonated with me, probably with all of the changes our little family will be going through in coming months. The lesson was on the first few chapters of Joshua, and the first lines that really stuck probably did so because we will need to:

Be strong and of a good courage...(Joshua 1:6, and is repeated three times over the course of four verses)

And, as we expand our little family:

...choose you this day whom ye will serve;...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)

Good stuff, I tell you. Good stuff. I also ran into Bishop Parker (who is the leader of the ward), whose wife just had their third child last week. He had just heard our news and was really excited for us, and asked how things have been going. I told him things were going really well, and I said I guess we'll just have to figure out the rest as we go along. And he agreed, that's all you can do--do the best you can, and leave the rest up to the Lord--and it will all work out. I don't know why, but I found that sentiment very reassuring.

Signed--the Church Lady (evidently!)

No comments:

Post a Comment