Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Randomness on the Perceived Physical State of Stacey

First: at the spa this weekend, the woman giving me a facial greeted me with congratulations, and asked how far along I was...and continued to guess that I was 6 or 7 months pregnant. No, nope I'm not--thanks for your guess, and suggestion that I am LARGE and well into the latter part of my pregnancy--but I'm not even 5 months in yet. It turns out that the books are correct--I look 6 - 8 weeks further along than I would if I only had one baby in there. I'm trying to embrace that I'm going to be downright huge before this is over.

Second: moments ago, I was sitting at my desk, typing away, when an office mate walked by. Now, I've known this gentleman for many years--I used to work with him when he held various positions at USDA, and he has since (been booted out with the Bush Administration and) opened up his own consulting firm and rents office space from us. In fact, I may owe him a debt of gratitude for being considered for my current position. Anyway, he walked by and popped his head in my door and said, "How are you feeling?"

To which I responded, "I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking."

He then said, "Well, you look WONDERFUL."

And I said, a bit bewildered, "Thanks?..."

So he further explained that I'm starting to get to "that point," which he remembered from his wife and her pregnancies, when I just need to be told that I look wonderful...even though "changes are occurring." I assume he's referring to my RAPIDLY EXPANDING WAISTLINE, among other things.

Bizarre conversation...but I appreciate the sentiment! I'm feeling and looking pretty big--so the compliment, however random, was well received!

No comments:

Post a Comment