Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

So good to me

It's really the little things that matter in life. Like when I got home from a brief stop at church today (the a/c wasn't working in the chapel--really?! A pregnant woman can hardly be expected to sit through church in conditions like that.), and found a vase of beautiful roses on the counter. Back story: last night, Daniel and I went to the grocery store (super exciting on a Saturday, I know). We got general provisions for the week, as well as specific ingredients to make spicy shrimp with mango salsa and coconut rice for Sunday dinner (which was both spicy and delicious). Anyway, I also suggested that we get stuff to make hamburgers, because they sounded good and it was supposed to be grilling weather next week. Of course, I suggested this after we'd already walked past the bread department and the meat counter. And let me tell you, even on a Saturday night, a grocery store on Capitol Hill is no low-stress, let's-hang-out kind of place. So, hamburgers were going to have to wait until next week. Also, as we were checking out, I said (mostly to myself) that I'd walked right past the flower counter--I'd meant to grab a bunch of tulips for the house. But again--too bad, definitely not worth going back.

Fast forward again to Sunday--I get home from too-hot church, and what do I find? Daniel has stopped at the Safeway and picked up stuff to grill hamburgers for lunch, AND bought me beautiful flowers. Did I need either of those things? Nope. But was it so nice of him to go out of his way to get both of them for me? Yes. And were the hamburgers TOTALLY DELICIOUS?!? Absolutely.

And isn't he sweet? So glad he's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment