Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

See you in a couple, babies!

If:

A) the doctor doesn't adjust our goal date of September 14 (which would put us right at 37 weeks--although one doctor told me they'd start thinking about us having these babies at 36 weeks, and another told me 38 weeks, so we'll have to see), and

B) if things go according to plan (which hardly ever is the case), then

C) we will meet you guys two months from today! Only nine more weeks to go, we're getting very excited!

So excited, in fact, that Daniel sent me the following email last week:

I wish these kids would hurry up, I want to see them.

And I immediately thought to myself, me too, I want to see them too, I can't wait to see who's been moving around and raising a ruckus in my tummy these past few months, I can't wait to see their cute little faces, and their feet, and their hands, and their bums, all of them. But wait!...they need to stay in there! For as long as possible!

(I also had to laugh, because I'm sure there will come a time once they're out that we may wish they were back inside...)

Even with trying to balance wanting to have them here with needing them to stay put--we are getting really excited to have these babies! Something tells me these next two months are going to fly by...

Speaking of the babies: now that we're well into our 28th week, they can blink their eyes, which now have lashes. Their eyesight is developing--they may be able to see the light that filters in through my belly. They're also developing billions of neurons in their brains (very positive!) and adding more body fat in preparation for life outside of the belly (also very positive!). They probably weigh just under 3 pounds each this week, about the same as a big head of cabbage.

(just ask my hips--they can achingly attest to the increasingly large size of our babies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment