Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

State of the State: Or, Where is Your Bathroom?

A few new developments:

First, I have to go to the bathroom. All of the time. This was something I felt early on in pregnancy, due to hormonal changes. But I remember thinking, FUNNY, I totally have to go to the bathroom more now that I'm pregnant, what everyone says is true! Well, little did I know what was coming. My bladder must currently be the squished to the size of a walnut (and that's probably a generous estimate). I have to pee so often, it's ridiculous. And I feel like I really have to go, often right after I've just gone...it must be that there's not much room for storage in there. Sigh, so for the next couple of months, I'll be asking for people's and establishment's restrooms.

Second--I have a stretch mark. UG! It's not where I expected it--I thought the top of by belly (where my waist used to be) was far more stretched than anything else. But, the stretch mark has appeared on the bottom of my belly (which I have to contort to see anyway). Daniel's reaction: well, isn't it kind of to be expected? Fair enough. I'm sure it was inevitable--I've probably been lucky to avoid them so far, considering the stretching that has already gone down. And I'd imagine there will be more stretch marks that will appear, given the stretching that's still to come! But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it! I've been doing some extreme moisturizing and oiling of the belly...but clearly, to little avail.

As far as things inside the belly--we've got some movers and shakers on our hands! Something tells me that real estate is becoming more and more precious in there. In the past few days, we've been able to discern bodies and body parts in the belly, as they move around, adjust, or kick. When Daniel first felt it, I think he was kind of freaked out--it's like one of our little baby's back, or shoulder, or bum, just right there. We'll know more on Tuesday after our ultrasound (as well as who's on first), but these babies are definitely getting bigger and taking up more space!

So--have a Happy Fourth of July! The babies and I have had some pool time in the past couple of days, which has been so nice. Floating and weightlessness is KEY during pregnancy. Up today: BBQ and fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment