Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Where are my marbles?

This week and next are going to be long weeks at work--lots going on, big meetings, long days, etc. Luckily, last night I got home at a reasonable hour, and after a jaunt to the dog park, I made fish tacos for dinner.

The first instance of crazy hit while at the dinner table--we were enjoying delicious fish tacos and talking about how our days had gone. Daniel mentioned, in starting to research child care options, that he registered with an au pair website and got pricing information. I could not even get a sentence out before I was bawling (irrational, anyone?). I mean, fair enough that this will be an emotional issue for me (while staying home is not a financial reality for either of us while we're living here in DC, it will break my heart that someone else will get to spend all day with our babies, and that it will not be me--ug), and one we will have to tackle sooner than later because of the cost and availability of child care in DC--but to start crying before we even start talking?! Daniel had no idea what was coming when I opened my mouth and my eyes welled up.

So, we talked about it a little bit, tears were dried, and we got past that--and the rest of the evening was fine. Daniel watched hockey, I read the Baby Bargains book, then I got ready to go to bed. I headed upstairs to brush my teeth and put on some pj's, and I yelled down the stairs to Daniel, "Ew, our house smells like FEEESH STEEEKS!" And I must have thought this is the funniest damn thing I have ever said. I could not stop laughing. I was laughing hysterically, so hard I was crying and wheezing. Fish sticks?! Feeeeesh steeeeeks?!? True story--it did smell like fish, as we'd prepared fish tacos for dinner. But for some reason, it hit my funny bone so hard, I couldn't catch my breath or stop laughing. Again, reason for Daniel to be concerned--I was a little concerned that I couldn't stop laughing. (I'm not going to lie, I'm laughing out loud as I'm typing this now.)

Daniel's response to all of this: HORMONES. And maybe he has a crazy wife. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment