Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Belly

We had an NCFC co-worker lunch downtown at Coco Sala today (so delicious by the way--had my first taste of chocolate covered bacon, yikes). After lunch, co-worker Jill and I decided to stop by Zara and H&M for a little bit of shopping, since we were in the neighborhood. I found two cute, drapey cardigans from Zara that should work well into pregnancy. Then, we moved onto H&M, which actually has a maternity line. We eventually found ourselves in the dressing room, trying a few items on for size. Also in the dressing room were three cute girlfriends, who looked like they were maybe taking a girl's trip to DC. I came out to show Jill a maternity dress--one of them saw me in the dress, and said congratulations and asked how far along I was, to which I said thank you and I'm 13 weeks. She then said, "Oh, I know how it feels--I'm actually 15 weeks pregnant, so I'm trying to find things that fit now and will fit me later." The funny thing is--this girl did not look pregnant AT ALL. No belly bump. Jill jumped in, and in my defense said, "yeah, well she's got two in there!" which made me feel better, because at 13 weeks, I was definitely out-showing this little lady!

I'm sure there will be lots more of these kinds of situations to come. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment