Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Monday, March 8, 2010

In Silence

I feel like the first trimester is really tough, especially for someone like me who likes to talk. I am so lucky to have such a supportive and patient husband--Daniel really has been wonderful--but I have been super lame and super sick, and he is the only person I can talk to about it (we thought about telling everyone earlier--we were so excited, we couldn't imagine waiting--but when we found out we were expecting multiple babes, our doctor recommended we wait until the second trimester. So here we are--sigh.). So, I want to tell everyone--I want to explain my lameness with our supremely exciting news. But alas--I can't. I am, indeed, suffering in silence.

This past weekend, I spent a wonderful Saturday morning with Olivia. We had pedicures and manicures, which were much needed and felt so good. We then gorged ourselves on Mexican food at one of my favorite restaurants in our old neighborhood, which was followed immediately by a trip to the Dairy Godmother--ridiculously good. At this point, I was EXHAUSTED. Liv was so sweet--we had originally talked about going for a walk on the GW Parkway, or watching a movie, or doing something else for the afternoon...but I was SO tired, and my tummy was starting to question my meal choices, so I made a lame excuse and went home. I immediately assumed the fetal position and fell asleep--and woke up feeling HORRIBLE. (Note: Mexican and ice cream may sound like a good idea, and may taste so good going down, but it will result in misery.) So, I had to bail on plans that night (multiple sets of plans!), and stayed home alone feeling like trash. I wanted to tell everyone why--but I couldn't. I can't wait for this trimester to be over to be able to talk to everyone about this!

PS this eating scenario is a common theme--I generally don't want to eat anything in the evening, and really nothing sounds good to me ever (NO cravings so far). So when I'm hungry and something sounds good, I'm all over it. Unfortunately, I either eat too much because I'm excited that something is actually appetizing, or it is too spicy or just doesn't agree with me, and I often regret it later. A viscious cycle I've been experiencing this past month...in other sad, sad news, the two times I've eaten ice cream, I've really regretted it. This had better change STAT!! I clearly need to test it out a few more times...


This week: our babes are the size of a kumquat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment