Our life with these two precious babies--what an adventure!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm Telling

It's been a bizarre experience, telling everyone that we're expecting. How do you bring something like that up? "Have you seen the cherry blossoms? Oh, I'm having twins." "Lovely weather we're having. Guess what?" "Can you believe that nutrition vote in the Senate?! Oh, did I mention?" And then, there's the wondering if someone's on to you. I was at a reception last week, talking with a couple of colleagues--and through the entire conversation, I'm wondering if they can tell. I swear one of them was looking at my tummy...but I was being totally paranoid, so who knows (on one hand, I'd imagine that if you didn't know what you were looking for, you might not see anything--on the other, the tummy is an increasing presence). Anyway, I've had a hard time just saying it--but people's reactions have been great. From excitement, to giggles, to tears from a few close friends, people are really happy for us. While our families and many friends know--we still have a lot of people to tell.

This weekend was very low key. We did some work around the house, took Spud to the park, cleaned out the garage, and started spring cleaning our closet. Then, we headed to Ballston--Daniel was invited to an ice skating birthday party (one of his hockey teammate's daughters is in love with Daniel, and she was turning 5). So, he skated (boo, I've been grounded--not steady enough on skates), chatted with 5 year olds, wore a princess crown, and we called it a day. We had other things to do while we were out, but we were both so tired that we just went home and took naps.

Sunday was church for me, hockey for Daniel, then an afternoon at Verizon Center watching the Caps play the Flames. The Caps did not have their best showing, but it is always fun to go to games. After the game, we had dinner with Holly and Cordell--so good to see them!

And this week--RECESS BEGINS! Congress is home for the next two weeks, so my work schedule is much less demanding since there is less going on. Woohoo!

Also this week, the babies are the size of shrimps (I like the fruit comparisons better)--our next dr. appointment isn't until April 12.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet they're the cutest shrimp that ever existed! Their momma is beautiful no matter how big the "shrimps" get!

    ReplyDelete